Fine Art/Question about oil painting

Marin painting?
Marin painting?  
I recently purchased an oil painting at a yard sale.  It is signed Marin, and I am wondering if it is a John Marin oil painting. I am attaching an image.  It is on a cloth canvas.  I would appreciate any insight you may have. I would also like to know an estimate of it's worth if that is possible.  Thank you, Linda

Linda, Not a chance !
What you have is furniture store art, in other words a factory painting. There are over 700 "art factories" in Hong Kong alone, not to mention the rest of Asia, Eastern Europe, and Mexico. A canvas is moved down a table or conveyor belt, one person paints trees, another paints mountains, another water, etc. A name for the artist is taken out of a book or just made-up. This will be fine for your next yard sale.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.