Fine Art/V. Hollan

Linda Sitton wrote at 2009-04-04 12:42:57
I replied a while back.  I am v hollan swain's daughter.  I would love to know what piece of work this person has.  I would be happy to answer any questions

pamela buffett wrote at 2013-10-01 19:27:31
Vivian Hollan Swain-Artist November 9, 1924 - February 16, 2013. Vivian Hollan Swain, 88, of Hitchcock, Texas passed away Saturday, February 16, 2013 in Hitchcock, Texas. She was born on November 9, 1924 in Houston, Texas to Elsie Marie and Bliss W. Records. She was preceded in death by her husband, Jackson "Joe" Swain and family.

For over 30 years Mrs. Swain lived with her husband on their beloved estate Windrush in Santa Fe, Texas where she created her work as an American Impressionist artist. She had her first painting displayed at the Houston Museum of Fine Arts when she was 10 years old. She was awarded a full scholarship to study art at the Houston Museum of Fine Arts School of Art in 1937. She also studied at the University of Houston and with two European Masters until finally Fulignot told her "it was time for her to stop studying art and just trust her talents and paint". She has had her work hanging in galleries and private homes all over the world and has had numerous awards and recognitions. She was the founder and teacher at the Galveston Bay Art School.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.