Fine Art/question about an artist

I have recently aquired a work by the artist Walcot mixed media handsigned it
has a certificate of authenticity by Patrician Galleries registration number
03221.  Any information would be helpful on trying to find out information it
seems as if this gallery may not have always been on the up and up ??

Dear Nerissa,
I am sorry to tell you but most art galleries that sell artwork with impressive certificates or fancy guarantees are selling you crap.
Real fine art galleries do not need certificates, they sell art with their reputation. They advertise in "Antiques" magazine, "American Art Review" and other respected publications. They have booths at the best art shows around the country. The art curator of any fine art museum can tell you the reliable galleries in your area.
I can't tell you anyting about your artist as I do not research art work post-1940.
Good luck,

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.