Fine Art/Albert Carman (1899-1949)

Question
I have some lithos of Degas' work that were hand-lithoed(?) by Carman in the 1940s; I've tried to find out more about him, and other things he's done besides printing lithographs for Degas, but have had no such luck.

Just wondering if you could shed some light on this little-known printer for me, or at least point me in the right direction to resources where i might be able to learn some more.

Thanks.

Answer
Yes, good question.  Carman printed works for well known artists like: Toulouse Lautrec, Marc Chagall and others. If you are not able to find books about the printer or books that reference the printer, I can help. It takes some doing, I have known a retired art books dealer for years, but I have to go there and do my own searching, and he has no real system as to how he stores the books. You can also find re-print books that reference the printer, I happen to like the old original books.

Dan

Dan Twyman