Fine Art/Artwork

Question
Mother and Child or Mother and Baby
Mother and Child or Mo  
My sister recently acquired quite a few pieces of art from a home that someone moved out of.  She has several numbered proofs by Arthur B. Davies as follows: Cupid and the Psyche #38; Tragic [original signed]; Antique Mirror #52; Young Muse #27; Valkyres #17; The Resurrection #21; Snow Crystals #58; The Temple; Dawn #35; Amber Garden #50 and about 3 others.  She also has proofs by Mary Cassat, Charles Marion Russell; Vladimir Didur and some other artist -- she has not gone through all of them.  Where should we look to obtain more information on these pieces?  She also has original letters from some of the artist.  I have some pictures and will email them to you if you provide me with another email address.  Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Answer
There is a niche market for the engravings from the 1700's 1800's and early 1900's. Many of them sell for low prices. What you have would have to be examined by an expert or you can find antique malls somtimes sell similar works. I am in the Fine Art market and sell works that are much higer end. Dali, Picasso etc.

Dan

Dan Twyman