Fine Art/Hans Zatzka

Another person sent you a photo of a Hans Zatzka painting. It is of virigns on the lake at night by moonlight with a swan. I have the print in an old antique frame I purchased at an antique store. I am wanting to know the name of this painting and other info. I have searched every site I could think of and this painting must be very rare because the photo the other user sent you is the only one I found on line. Also, where is the original. Thank you

Hello Julie,  I do not recall the work you are referring to.  I am not an expert in Hans Zatzka's art so I have no documents detailing the titles of his works to refer to.  I suggest you contact the person who maintains his website at for maybe they can assist you.  Good luck, Brent

Brent Luebke

19th Century to modern Canadian and western European fine art including paintings, drawings, sculpture, photography and original prints.

Sixteen years as an art dealer in Edmonton, Alberta Canada.

Edmonton Executive Association

Edmonton Journal newspaper, various online art websites.

Post secondary art history.

Art Gallery of Alberta, University of Alberta, Glenbow Museum, Art Gallery of Ontario, National Gallery of Canada.