Fine Art/Heywood Hardy

Question
My father and I were doing some research trying to find out more about this artist and a specific piece. What we have is a 19inch tall and 13inch wide black and white lithograph titled "Forgiven." On the bottom left hand corner it says "painted by Heywood Hardy," and on the bottom right hand corner it says "from original." We are curious if it says anything on the back but we are nervous to remove the frame because it is nailed in and seems to be very old. What we would like to know if if its worth anything, and the meaning it. Thanks for your time.

Answer
It could be low end decorative art. If you remove the frame, you could damage the print. It would be best to let a framer do that.
If you have a hand signature by the artist and see an edition number lower left, it would be worth looking into. If you have a replica or photo-lithograph, the value might be pretty low.

Dan

Dan Twyman