Fine Art/Japanese paintings on board

Painting one
Painting one  
Hello, I bought 4 similar paintings at an antique market in Metz France recently. They are unsigned, have no markings that I can see, but I liked them all so I bought them. I was hoping you could help me identify the style used so that I can try and ID or find something more about them. They each are painted on board, they each have a 'raised' style. It looks like globs of paint or plaster was used to put ridges and trees, then paint over that to give a 3d look. Most of the painting is flat on the board, but each uses that raised technique for their trees. The frames are painted too, with flowers mostly. Kind of subdued. The backs use slats to keep the board in the frame, and maybe to keep the board from warping.

I inluded a picture of one of them.

Thanks very much!

I can't tell from your photograph, but if there is a small stamp of any kind on the lower right or left, that might be the signature. You might have un-signed production art. Assembly line art is produced in Asia for very low costs. Hard to tell with only a photo and no artist name.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.