Fine Art/Lady of Castile by Puyet

Hi, I don't know if this qualifies as 20th century masters but I was hoping you could help me.  I don't want to find out if the painting is an original or how much it's worth, it's more of a question on the subject of the painting (The Lady of Castile by Puyet).  Do you know if the lady in the painting is a mistress at all?  This is really important to us, because if she is, it's a matter of principle that we get rid of it... it wouldn't be appropriate for where we want to hang it.  I've searched everywhere on Google but couldn't find whether or not she is!  My instincts tell me so, because of the way the subjects are portrayed, but I wanted confirmation, and I'd really appreciate it if you could help me.
Thank you very much!

These kinds of answers are found in books or by contacting the estate of the artist. I was going to refer you to the Puyet website, but it has been disabled? I can check with a rare art book dealer, but I have to call them and then they search for any publications about the artist. To date, I have only been asked about authenticity and appraisals and not so much the meaning behind the works. I know the meaning behind much of Dali and Picasso's works and other 20th Century masters, so I suspect we will find one of the few people out there that has detailed history about the works of Puyet. The only thing in our way is the Time it takes to do the work.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.