Fine Art/Nelly Dax Painting

Question
Young Girl
Young Girl  
I was given a painting by an elderly lady who collects a lot of fine art and antiques.  I am trying to find out more information on the artist and the painting itself as I have been unsuccesful. I would also be curious as to a guesstimate of its value. The painting is of a young girl standing on a European street in winter.  The artist is Nelly Dax, born in LeHavre, France in 1928.  The painting is oil on canvas and seems old.  I have more pictures of the painting if you are interested in seeing them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answer
I tried to help someone with this same artist a while back. I was only able to find the artists name listed in one reference book and there were no auction results. You can find a few auction results online, but the sites want you to pay a fee to access the info.
I suspect with more digging, I can come up with art books that reference the artist. Art authenticators use very expensive publications to obtain info and of course charge fees to do the research. This is one of those cases where you have an artist that does have a following, but the niche is a bit difficult to tap into.

Dan

Dan Twyman