Fine Art/Oil Painting Franz Ambrasath

I have a signed original oil painting by Franz Ambrasath.  The painting was purchased from the W. T. Burger Co. date probably early 60's.  
Franz Ambrasath was born in 1907 and studied at the Academy in Berlin under Prof. C. H. Lucas.  He was influenced by Dutch masters.   My information from the back of the painting says his paintings have been bought by galleries in Berlin, Vienna, Bremerhaven, Emden and Hamburg.  

This same painting I found on the websit of lot 1182 I understand the name is Sailboats on a Lake.  I have seen where other of his paintings sold for around $1300.

Can you tell me if this is in that range?  It it is good condition with only two small places (over the seagulls) where the paint has been scratched off.  The canvas is not torn.

Your response would be appreciated.

The question is a bit confusing? If you are looking for value, you need a proper appraisal. I have seen experts throw out ballpark figures and in many cases, they are off by quite a bit. The piece needs to be examined by an expert in THAT NICHE. A good place to start is by finding dealers that sell the works and going from there.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.