Fine Art/Painting or photograph

Question
Photograph or painting
Photograph or painting  
Hi there, I'm not sure if this is your area, if it isn't, apologies.
I'm considering purchasing the following picture on ebay. The seller lists it as
a photograph, but his image of it is really unclear, and i have had not much
luck contacting him. To me it looks like it could be just a photograph of a
painting, as opposed to a photograph of original subject matter ( if you see
what I mean ). It looks maybe pre raphaelite or something. On the other
hand, the scaffolding in the background seems a bit unusual for a nineteenth
century painting. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks, Martin

Answer
You really have to watch it with E-Bay. It's the WORST place to buy art. Looks like a 2nd generation photo of a painting, but it is grainy, I'd have to examine it in person. There are people on Ebay that will sell a page out of a magazine if they can get away with it.

Dan

Dan Twyman