Fine Art/Picasso

Question
Don Quixote-Picasso Original
Over 10 years ago I was given a Picasso "drawing" done in black ink, Don Quixote. It's dated on the front lower righthand corner, Oct 1953 and it is signed by Picasso in
that same black ink.

It was framed in a old gold frame but I removed it to check for numbers or any other identifying marks but I
didn't find anything else.
The paper shows some discoloration from where the frame had been but it is not damaged. When using a magnifying glass I can actually see little flakes of black ink that have flaked off from the painting.
What I have is not a photo.

The lady that owned the Picasso before me was a Broadway dancer in the 1950's and went by the stage name of "Queenie". Picasso actually did some costume designing for Broadway during that time period which left me feeling as if I'd found a possible link between Picasso and my friend.
Who know's?  Could she'd been given a gift from Pablo Picasso?  The age of the framework and the paper make it
clear that this work has been around for a number of years.  
What steps should I take to determine exactly what I have and of course, it's value?

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks for your time.  

Answer
I'm having a bit of DeJa Vu here. I'd have to go search the archives, but it seems the exact same question came in about a year ago?  I guess it's reasonable that two or more could have experienced similar situations. On to the technical stuff... Bottom line, the piece has to be examined by an expert. Do Not let anyone mislead you ar take advantage of you. If you have the real thing, most and I repeat, MOST dealers have no idea when it comes to authenticating a Picasso. There are only a very few that have the CORRECT background to do the job.

Please send images and all text details to: collectdali@aol.com

Dan

Dan Twyman