Fine Art/Picasso "Picador and Matador"

Picador and Matador
Picador and Matador  
I have the above print with COA and no signature of the artist.  I guess this was a limited print from the linoleum cut.  I checked the Library of Congress number on this (63-8146) and it is for the book " Bacchanals, Women, Bulls, Bullfighters" published by Harry N. Abrams, New York.  I know that in 1962 45 sheets were Linocut first time in it's smaller format and reproduced by Hatje Editeur (D), Abrams (USA) and Cercle d 'Art (R) set up in a small edition.  I think this was done again in 1988, I was wondering if I had the 1962 linocut?  Attached is the picture of the COA that goes with it. I would like to send you a picture of the print as well, can you send me the alternate email to do that? The dimensions of the picture are 12" high and 14.5" wide.  Thank you so much.

SPADEM: Société de la Propriété Artistique et des Dessins et Modules, often S.P.A.D.E.M. or SPADEM, is a copyright protection and collection society formed by visual artists and their heirs in France.[1] One of several such organizations in France which specialize according to specific kinds of art[2], SPADEM's purpose is similar to that of ASCAP and other organizations which defend the legal rights of artists.

I have only sold a few linocuts over the years, but they had signatures. Keep in mind, fake Picasso works are all over the market. You might have an "approved" work with no signature? All of my clients want a signature or they will not buy. I can refer you to a Picasso authenticator, he charges fees. If you want the referral, send request to:

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.