Fine Art/REMBRANT

Question
ON BACK OF FRAME IS,#259 YOUNG GIRL AT AN OPEN HALF DOOR
ON THE FRONT IS-(REMBRANT) SOME SYMBLE THEN, LOOKS LIKE, 119???
FRONT BOTTOM RIGHT CORNER IS THE COPY RIGHT SYMBLE THEN, 1963 MY QUESTION IS WHAT DO I HAVE, IT IS ON HEAVEY CANVIS
INITIALS D. A. C. N. Y.

Answer
Dear Howard,

You have a reproduction of a Rembrandt painting that was printed first on paper and then the paper was glued to stretched canvas. The publisher then applied heavy varnish, usually with brushes that would give the print texture like an original oil painting. This type of print was very popular during the mid century. The numbers and letters on the print relate to the publisher and their series identification numbers. Its value is pretty much for its decorative use.

I hope this information is helpful.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley