Fine Art/identify an old oil painting

my mother was a nurses aide in an old folks home in newyork where she would nurse a holocaust survivor,no one ever visited her in her very old age and my mother always attended to her every need.  as a gift she gave my mother one of the few possesions she owned before her death. a beautiful scenic oil painting of a well known landmark bridge over water apparantly in france. the back of the canvas is as black as charcoal.  the signature appears to be adrian beouvel, but im not sure. the oil strokes are very thick and it is very full of intense color and the windows in the buildings surrounding the bridge all seem to be lit. it seems as if the artist was standing directly across the street while painting it due to all the detail depicted
can you help me in identifying it with a picture.  it is large. approx 5ft horizontal and 2 vertical.
its been in our family for 50 years.  i deeply feel that this is an important work but until deciding that i finally wanted an answer, i came across this site. and well ill just wait for your answer
thanks so much
sincerely, ruth, p.s. im writig from my daughters comp. but my email is from my job, u can answer here as well

Dear Ruth,

I hope you are doing well. I checked on artists with the name you gave and could not find one. I will be happy to see if I can read the name and maybe find your artist. I will need clear, high resolution photos of the entire painting, front and back, the signature, and any other writing that is on the painting. You can email the photos to

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.