Fine Art/Is this an original

Question
Two Breton Spaniel Heads
Two Breton Spaniel Hea  
Hello Dan, Here is a (lithograph/engraving- I can see a raised edge where the paper was pressed) of Two Breton Spaniel Heads by Leon Danchin with a pencil autograph..this came from a wealthy New Orleans family and was framed some time ago in Memphis by a gallery. There is a small print number written in pencil in the lower left hand corner that is hard to read...maybe 220/500, I cannot really read it, it is so small. The size of the raised etching area is 20 1/2 inches long by 15 1/4 inches high. I am wondering if this is an original and would appreciate any/all of your opinion as we are looking to sell it.Thanks, Leah

Answer
You are in a niche market. I did a quick search in my art dealers guide and do not find a dealer that specializes in this artist, but I suspect there are a few out there. I do see auction results, the challenge is finding auctions that will accept the work and work it into an upcoming auction. The work will also need to be authnticated, I am more a Dali/Picasso expert, so my authenticators will not be able to help with this one.

Dan

Dan Twyman