Fine Art/posters, prints, lithographs

Champs Elysees
Champs Elysees  
I have 4 posters or lithographs. Im not sure of the difference.  One is actually labeled as a lithograph. Two of them are stamped at bottom with a cat imprint by SPADEM. 3 of them say "A Park South Presentation" at the bottom.  Does this just mean they are regular ol' copies of posters, or are these worth something? I have more images, but couldnt figure out how to add more images.

SPADEM =  Société pour la Propriété Artistique des Dessins Et Modèles

I suspect you have photo lithographs of earlier prints, but they would have to be examined to be sure. If an old original graphic has markings and text in small print and it is photo-copied (photo lithograph), then the text is printed right along with the image and gives the impression you have the 1st printing. Similar to books that show the original copyrite and then the latest printing.

An original print is hand made, might be screen print, or metal plate print etc.  Photo lithos are done using a camera and then burning plates from a slide etc.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.