Fine Art/Adolf Schreyer Etching

Etching 1
Etching 1  
Good day, Dan,

I recently purchased an etching that has ad Schreyer in the lower right-hand corner, but also has another signature that looks to be F.V. Trainning, but am unsure of the spelling of this last name. There is also an etching of a lion under the etching. I do have more image files, should you need them. Any information that you can provide would be appreciated.

The artist's works have sold at auction and results can be found online. The small image below the main image is called a remarque and is an added accent, in many cases it is pressed by the artist himself. In some cases the added image in the border is a logo, but this one looks like a remarque.

When two names are present, many times it is because the artist creates the original work, and then an engraver or etcher creates the print. This looks to be a hand printed work.

You will need to find dealers or auction houses that sell the works and see if you can find info or work this into one of their upcoming auctions. Of course if has to be certified authentic first.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.