Fine Art/CELIL ALDIN WORK

Question
I was recently given a framed Cecil Aldin work.  The title is THRRE JOLLY HUNTSMEN.  It is signed in the lower left corner.  The following is printed across the top of the picture - Upper left - Entered by Stationary Hall Copyright Entered According to Act of Congress in the year 1905 by Lawrence and Jellicoe Ltd. in the office of Librarian in Congress at Washington.  Upper right - Copyright 1905 by Lawrence and Jellicoe Ltd. , 115 Henrietta Street, Covent Garden, London W.C.  

The glass appears to be original - maybe leaded.  Frame appears to be original - heavy oak, with tongue and groove pine slats on the back holding the picture into the frame.

Was given to me by a great aunt (90 yeasr old) who traveled to Europe when she was a young girl.

Should it take the slats out to see if anything is written on the back of the picture.

The image  is 20 x 13.5.  The entire picture, with frame is 38 x 31.

Thank You!!!

The condition is excellent.

Answer
The artist is easy to find on google. You will find a detailed biography and works for sale. Many prints have the type of text you mentioned. If you remove the frame, you risk damage to the print.
It might be best to have a framer do it for you.

With a little research, you can find dealers that sell the works, and ask if they want to broker it for you.

Dan

Dan Twyman