Fine Art/Currier & Ives Prints

I have acquired unframed Currier & Ives prints entitled "American Homestead Spring.", "American Homestead Summer.", "American Homestead Fall.", and "American Homestead Winter." Published by Currier and Ives, Entered according to Act of Congress AD 1868 on two and 1869 on two, by Currier & Ives, in the Clerks office of the District Court of the United States, for the Southern District of New York., 152 NASSAU ST. NEW YORK. The prints measure 8" x 12 1/2" that is the image size not the paper size. I would like to know if these have any value. Thank you for your time.

Dear Glenda,

Your Currier & Ives prints all generally fit the size criteria; but there is much more confirmation needed before declaring them original releases. Unfortunately, this cannot be done by email. The prints need to be examined in person by an expert that can verify the lithographs and hand coloring. You might want to take them to a local museum or knowledgeable antique dealer for an opinion.

I found where the set of four sold at auction in 2007 for $1700. Condition is a major factor in these prints and can move the price up or down very dramatically.

I hope this information is helpful.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.