Fine Art/Currier&ives Lithos.

Question
Miss Dolly, Good to see you returned to us!Three short c&Ives questions if I may;
"Getting Ice" G.H,Durrie- Image is 17 3/4' x 12 3/4" wth 4" margins all sides....
Central-Park Winter (1862) C. Parsons- Image is 12" x 8"
Finally (for now at least) Amer. Homestead Autumn- Image is 12 3/4" x 8 1/4" with a harry T. Peters collection notation bottom left, Museum of City of New York.
Peters was big shot architect with largest C & Ives collection which he gave to Museum. Conservation (cleaning & Re framing would be required for selling purposes, hence this approach for your best estimates. Best Regards

Answer
Dear Johnathon,

As you are well aware, I cannot tell you if your C&I prints are original. I can only give you the official listed image sizes. I could not find a print called "Getting Ice". I look up everything alphabetically so you might want to see if you have the title right. Central Park Winter size is 8.8 x 12.7. American Homestead Autumn is listed as 7.15 x 12.8. The book lists a very rare (the author has only seen one) of American Homestead Autumn where the scene has 5 trees (instead of three), and the house faces right rather than towards the road.

Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley