Fine Art/Dali Canto 34 The Waterfall of the Phlegethon

Inferno Canto 34
Inferno Canto 34  
Dan, I inherited a Dali Inferno Canto 34 which according to the COA was signed by Dali.  The woodblock engraving and frame are both in in excellent condition.  There is no fading of the engraving.  The colors are still very vibrant. The signature is in red pencil on the right side at the bottom of the engraving in the white margin.  The number of this engraving is 68/150 and is written in red on the left side of the bottom of the margin.  The actual engraving is approximately 7"X10".  It is in a dark frame with gold trim.  The frame measures 14"X18".  The raised seal COA on the rear states:  "Authentication, Divine Comedy, Dante Alighieri, Salvador Dali. The Societe de Verification de la Nouvell Gravure Internationale of New York and Paris ceritifies and warrants that this bois block cut is limited to a numbered edition of 150, each individually signed by Salvador Dali.  The Societe de Verfication de la Nouvell Cravure has been created by The collector's Guild Ltd. to set and uphould the highest standards for original lithographs and etchings."  This is repeated in French below the above.  Could you please tell me what something like this would sell for?  I can email an actual photo if it would help.  Thanks.

Because there are known Dali appraisers in the industry and I am a broker, I do not do free appraisals as it would cause a conflict and take many hours of work per piece.

I can refer you to an art appraiser, they have their own fees.

If you want the referral, send an email to:
and I will forward info.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.