Fine Art/Help with Signature Identification

I'm unsure of where to start in this identification process
and perhaps if you are unable to identify the signature you
can advise me on how to proceed.

Here is the painting ..

Here is the signature processed in a variety of ways..

I can provide additional images if you deem necessary.
Thank you kindly for your time.
Val Lovett
Taylors, SC  

Terrific painting & terrific photography job by you.  Well done.  

You have stumped me.  That is the only bad news, because I would say everything else is very good.  This looks like a very nice piece of artwork.  Probably nineteeth or early twentieth century.  Definitely European, possibly Spanish?  I looked hard at the signature a few times, and you tell that W?  Looks more like "Hr..."  "Haj.."?
I went through my database and poked around for a while but couldn't really match up anything.  Doesn't say much, because I am knowledgeable in American art, but not European.  

Couple of ideas:  
(1) Try Bonhams USA   Well known, international auction house.  Might take a few weeks, but someone should be able to ID the signature if this is indeed a listed artist with any track record in the art market.
Send them what you sent me.

(2) Heritage Auctions   Another big auction house, hungry for business.

(3) Try Dolly Headley who is another AllExperts in the Fine Art category.  I find she is amazingly knowledgeable in European artists.

Meantime, enjoy your artwork.  It's very striking.  Most folks hang prints, posters, reproductions in their homes.  They simply don't know how much more pleasurable over time to see original art every day.  

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration