Fine Art/J F Millet Etching

J F Millet Etching
J F Millet Etching  
Hi We have an etching that we are curious about. It appears to be a Millet etching of some sortand it is in color. It has two plate marks and the image itself looks like it is on  a separate piece of paper, I can see that ink has came off the edge of the first plate mark and is all along the edge. I am sending  a photograph.     On the photo of   you can may be able to   see the two plate marks. It measures (inside plate mark 19cm high 15.5cm wide) (outside plate mark 24.5cm high 20.5cm wide). Any info you can give as to whether this has any value will be appreciated. I didnt see an upload button to clik on so I dont know if my picture came through. Thank You very much

While I am a fan of the artist Jean Francois Millet, I am more a Dali expert. Dali was also a fan of this artist.

There are dealers that specialize in this type of art. You can find them by doing a google search for   jean francois millet art   

They should be able to lead you in the right direction.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.