Fine Art/Jose Puyet

Question
The painting I have is signed Puyet in the left bottom corner. Its size is approximately 4ft.tall by 3ft. wide. It depicts a young lady sitting at a diner? sipping tea. She has her hair up under a hat with flowers on the front. She seems unaware that an older goodlooking gentlemen is leaning on her chair behind her. In the background you can faintly see an older couple dinning as well. If you could help in telling me whether this is an original or a reproduction I would gladly appreciate it. Thank You

Answer
Of course there is no way for me to know unless I examine the work in person. The artists works have been reproduced in big numbers for many years now. I suggest taking it to someone in the art industry in your area to get an opinion as to what the medium is. Look for printed dots using a jewlers loup/loop or a magnifying glass.
If the piece has a film over it with brush stokes, that is a varnish and can be seen on reproductions to give the appearance of painted brush stokes.

Dan

Dan Twyman