Fine Art/PICASSO authentication

Question
CAN YOU TELL ME HOW I COULD POSSIBLY AUTHENTICATE A WATERCOLOUR BY PICASSO WHICH I PICKED UP ON EBAY IT APPEARS TO BE OF A MATADOR ON HORSE SLAYING A BULL IT IS DATED 16.5.52 AND WAS A GIFT FROM AN AUGUSTE GULUGNE

Answer
David, an authentic watercolor by Picasso has a minimum price tag of about $90,000. Picasso's signature alone is worth about $1,000. About 85% of eBay items are not what they say they are. Contact the seller first when dealing with eBay.

For a thorough answer on the worth of your piece, I will recommend to you Alex Adelman of Masterworks Fine Art, Inc. at:

http://www.masterworksfineart.com

The Contact page will allow you to email him personally. Adelman has 35 years experience in the fine art business, and deals with Picasso works daily. Be prepared to send a high-quality photo of the entire piece and of the signature. Also, share with Mr. Adelman any markings on the back of the piece or anything else that stands out. Share with him the means in which obtained it, as well.

It is possible you have obtained a unique work by Pablo Picasso, but the chances are slim. Let me know if I can help you any further. Good luck.

To get authentication for a unique original work from the primary source of Picasso authentication, you will need to contact Maya Picasso in Paris.

Andrew Evans