Fine Art/Painting by Patino????

Picture of the painting
Picture of the paintin  
I know nothing when it comes to paintings.. I have a very large painting that belonged to my grandparents, i remember them having it in there living room (in California) in the early 80's when they had just moved from Chicago, and befor that they lived in Italy, so i know its AT LEAST 30 years old, it has a signature of  PATINO    on the bottom right hand corner, the painting it self is of what i be leave to be 2 lady's walking down a possible street, it kind of looks like a street you would find in Italy. It is also verry "bumpy" like there is globes of paint on it, I used to think the painting was of my grand mother and her sister in Italy when i was younger....which i know its not now.. please help, i love the painting but id love to know more about it.. Thank You Jessica ( Caldwell, Idaho)

Hi Jessica,
I don't normally respond about European paintings, since that is not my area of expertise.  But this one intrigues me.  I can't promise much of an answer, but will you send a nice clear photo of (1) the entire painting (2) a closeup of the signature to me?  Use my email address below and don't be afraid to send hi-res large megabyte files.

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration