Fine Art/Picasso Lithograph

I purchased what I think is a litho of Picasso's Saltimbanque Aux Bras Croises.  The original painting was done in 1923.  Can you give me anymore information as to its value or how to go about obtaining its value?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Serita, the best way to get an accurate appraisal of the piece is to send images of it to a professional art dealer. Without doing so, I can only speculate about the piece. I recommend to you Alex Adelman of Masterworks Fine Art, Inc.

Picasso lithographs are very collectible if they are deemed authentic. Adelman will want to see images of the piece, the signature, and the piece number. Also, send him any other information about the piece (where you acquired it, condition, other markings, etc). With this information, he will be able to tell you if he thinks it is authentic and, if it is, give you an accurate appraisal.

Please let me know if this helps you.

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University