Fine Art/Print/lithograph

Boston artist and teacher, Thomas (Tommaso) Juglaris 1844-1925. Very probably the most elusive artist that we have attempted to identify. Had a Leaded glass lead that went nowhere, then he had two auction works sales thr Southerby's, 1994 & 2007. Trying for any information with respect to his small print/litho "On board the Steamer" which shows his signature as mirror image bottom left.
   Very best regards....

Dear Johnathon,

Tommaso Juglaris was born in Moncalieri, Italy in 1845. He studied in Paris with Couture, and in Turin with Professor Morgari. In 1878 he exhibited at the Salon with the painting “Offereing to the Household Gods”; in 1879, “Paul Veronese at Venice; and in 1880, “The invasion: A Prehistoric Scene.” Juglaris moved to the United States and settled in Boston where he resided until his death in 1925.

The artist appears to have kept most of his work to the medium of painting. His paintings have been created as prints using the photogravure process; as was the print you have, “On board the Steamer”. It was printed in 1889 as part of a book titled “The Treasures of Art”, by Carson & Simpson, Philadelphia. This is where I found his biography. The price on the copy I found is under $35.

I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.