Fine Art/bridge road

Question
Hello, and thank you for providing this service.I have a pen and ink,that has also been colored. It is titled ,bridge road ,signed in pencil James fagan. It is in a highly detailed wooden frame. I got the print with several others at an auction in Harford Co. Md. It is in great shape,no rips, stains or sun damage. Can you tell me anything about this work,artist, value and where to sell such a drawing. thanks Joe

Answer
http://genforum.genealogy.com/fagan/messages/1016.html

http://74.125.45.132/search?q=cache:0n1JnoE3JbYJ:www.oxfordgallery.com/Period_Ar

Joe,
You have original art from the turn of the last century.  Fagan did a lot of drawing in the late eighteenth century.  Above are some sites easily found via google.  Not much more than you could do on your own, I know, but I am not immediately familiar with this artist.  The print market is not something I delve into much.  I would suspect that with the great frame you describe, the good shape it is in, you could fetch $150 - $200 perhaps?  

Heritage Auctions in Texas has frequent auctions of American prints.  They could give you a precise estimate as well.  www.ha.com

www.theartoftheprint.com is another online resource, and you should try Dolly Headley who is another expert on AllExperts who is much more knowledgeable than I as to the print market.  Good luck.

Stuart Cartwright