Fine Art/identification of artist's monogram

Question
Fisherman at River
Fisherman at River  
Hello. Attached is an image of a silkscreen. I am hoping you can help me in identifying the artist. The work measures 10" X 7". It is a quality hand pulled print, with the paint thickly layered. I assume the artist is Canadian, as it appears to be so (and it was purchased in Toronto). There is a monogram at lower right. It appears to be "EN/EN" and seems to form a large capital "M". Hopefully, the resolution is of good enough quality for you to make it out (unfortunately, I can't attach a 2nd zoomed image, but it can be provided). It is printed on a heavy card stock...maybe dating from the '30s or '40s (Sampson-Matthews?). Any information that you can provide as to the artist would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Mark.

Answer
Hello Mark,  I think the artist is Ernst Neumann, a Canadian, born in Budapest, Hungary, 27 May 1907 died in Vence, France, 19 March 1956.  I think he worked for Sampson early in is career.  You should be able to find biographical information in your local art library.  Cheers, Brent

Brent Luebke