Fine Art/identification of artist's monogram

Fisherman at River
Fisherman at River  
Hello. Attached is an image of a silkscreen. I am hoping you can help me in identifying the artist. The work measures 10" X 7". It is a quality hand pulled print, with the paint thickly layered. I assume the artist is Canadian, as it appears to be so (and it was purchased in Toronto). There is a monogram at lower right. It appears to be "EN/EN" and seems to form a large capital "M". Hopefully, the resolution is of good enough quality for you to make it out (unfortunately, I can't attach a 2nd zoomed image, but it can be provided). It is printed on a heavy card stock...maybe dating from the '30s or '40s (Sampson-Matthews?). Any information that you can provide as to the artist would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Hello Mark,  I think the artist is Ernst Neumann, a Canadian, born in Budapest, Hungary, 27 May 1907 died in Vence, France, 19 March 1956.  I think he worked for Sampson early in is career.  You should be able to find biographical information in your local art library.  Cheers, Brent

Brent Luebke

19th Century to modern Canadian and western European fine art including paintings, drawings, sculpture, photography and original prints.

Sixteen years as an art dealer in Edmonton, Alberta Canada.

Edmonton Executive Association

Edmonton Journal newspaper, various online art websites.

Post secondary art history.

Art Gallery of Alberta, University of Alberta, Glenbow Museum, Art Gallery of Ontario, National Gallery of Canada.