Fine Art/The man with the golden helmet

I have portrait that is on canvas that was passed to me.  On the bottom of the canvas it shows The Man with the Golden Helmet Rembrant

On the left side it says Berlin State Museum and under that it show N209

On the right hand lower bottom corner it says Published by Shorewood Publishers, Inc.

On the back No 004.

Can you tell me if this is worth anything.

Dear Richard

You have a reproduction of a Rembrandt painting that was printed first on paper and then the paper was glued to stretched canvas. The publisher then applied heavy varnish, usually with brushes that would give the print texture like an original oil painting. This type of print was very popular during the mid century and extends to today with giclees printed on canvas. The numbers and letters on the print relate to the publisher, Shorewood, and their series identification numbers. The mention of Berlin State Museum is where the original is located and their authorization to use the image. Its value is pretty much for its decorative use.

I hope this information is helpful.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.