Fine Art/name of art work?

Question
Jesus Calms the Sea?
Jesus Calms the Sea?  
I would like to know if you can identify this picture that I believe to be a lithograph.  I have searched extensively on the internet and it looks like a Dore Gustave type artwork. I can see no signature on the front and so far have not wanted to remove it from its frame.  I think it is called 'Jesus Calms the Sea', but can find no other one on the internet that looks exactly the same.  Any information and value would be appreciated.  Thank You. Charlene

Answer
Hi Charlene,

First of all, that is a magnificent looking piece. I do not recognize it unfortunately. I would suggest that you contact Bonham's or Christie's. If it is signed, that will help in determining who made it. Often artists signed and numbered their lithographs in the margins, which may be covered by the frame. Be very gentle when unframing it if you are curious to find markings that the frame is hiding. The backs of pieces often have collector's stamps which can also help in identifying the piece.

Again, that is a wonderful image, no matter what artist made it. Good luck!

Andrew Evans