Fine Art/2 pieces, 1 Salvador Dali Lithograph & 1 De Carlo

Question
You answered a question back in November of 2007 for a collector who had a
lithograph of a sun and tiger, you weren't able to answer the question due to
more info. needed. I have deceased grandparents that must have been
involved with the collectors guild of New York. I received 1 Lithograph from
"De Carlo" and artist born in Panama, 1925 i believe and  the number is
237/275. It is of a rose and a chess piece. The other piece is one that the
family is fighting over, it's a lithograph of Salvador Dali and is signed and
numbered. I haven't been able to determine what it is yet (I haven't seen it in
years) but it is from his earlier sketchings. I would like a broad range of value
so that I can offer to buy it from my family to settle any disputes of
inheritance. My grandmother wanted me to have it, I have always loved art. I
do not want to sell it but keep it as a memorial and something of interest.
Can you help me with the offer price for my family? I have looked at Auction
Houses on line and determined myself that the price is worth about $400-
$800 dollars. Thanks

Answer
First you have to determine what it is.  Is it a hand signed work or plate signed? If you have one of the Five Spanish Immortals series, they are low end plate signed works. Of course it would have to be examined in person to be sure. I am not able to do free appraisals or talk about values here. Any answers to art related questions require time and research.

Dan

Dan Twyman