Fine Art/Ella Hunter Mrs. Goodrich

Ella Hunter Mrs. Goodrich Watercolor 1893
Ella Hunter Mrs. Goodr  
This is an original Watercolor signed Mrs. Goodrich 1893, Would you know any value or further history on Ella hunter and if you look closely you can read the words Ella hunter in the toolies in the Painting.9"x21" I'll send Front, Back, and Signature/Date images, Found this in a Realestate leftover shop in Hannible Mo. Thank You

Evidently, you did pretty well at that shop!  I think you already know about Ella...but here is the bio anyway...

Born in Michigan on May 30, 1860. Goodrich was a resident of St Louis in 1910 and soon moved to California and settled in Laguna Beach. She died there on March 3, 1956. Member: Laguna Beach AA.

Edan Hughes, "Artists in California, 1786-1940"
Census; American Art Annual 1925; Los Angeles Times, 6-13-1937; Death record.

Congratulations on walking away with a pretty nice package.  Great frame.  As you know, not much auction history on this artist, but Skinners Auctions in Boston might find a buyer for you.  The Hannibal, MO connection is fascinating, of course.  It sure looks like Becky, Tom and Huck might have lived in this bucolic little village!

Good luck,

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration