Fine Art/Harrison painting

Harrison Painting
Harrison Painting  
Dear Stuart,
  I have what I think is an oil on canvas, signed R Harrison.
I was wondering if this was done by Robert Harrison, the Texas landscape artist. It measures 17" across by 13" high ( In the frame ) Any info would be greatly appreciated.
         Thank you very much,

What a magnificent Southern genre painting. Robert Harrison is an excellent guess, but I can find no evidence that he ever painted anything but the Texas Hill Country and thousands of bluebonnets.  Nor does it match the few signatures I can find for Robert Harrison.  

You sent a great picture, yes, it is most assuredly an oil on canvas, I can see the weave of the canvas and the dabs of paint throughout.  

Heritage Auctions in Dallas could tell you if I am wrong, or perhaps give you a good market estimate if that is what you seek.  

I hope you enjoy this terrific picture.  

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration