Fine Art/Juan Ferrandiz Castells

My mother is looking for information on a signed and numbered print by Juan Ferrandiz Castells, an Anri artist.  It is called "He Seems to Sleep".

Here is what I have found so far:

Juan Ferrandiz Castells
Born in Barcelona, poet, artist, illustrator and author of 12 children's books in Catalan and 43 in Spanish, is known as the creator of the most symbolically rich and original Christmas cards. He was, basically, a painter who wrote poetry and a poet who painted pictures.

Ferrandiz receives his basic artistic education at the Academy of Fine Arts, and was Art Professor at the Industrial University while devoting himself to the design of figurines based on his special predilection for childlike themes.

His subjects include various small animals, such as cats, dogs, mice, rabbits, squirrels, birds, lambs, always united as symbols of fraternity in harmony with the innocence of childhood. The complete opus of Ferrandiz is to create a world of love, of comprehension and of poetry where hatred is banished and where pease is the one message which unites people from all over the world.

Juan Ferrandiz died in August 1997 at the age of 79 years.

Artists that are published outside the USA are more difficult.
This will take more research.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.