Fine Art/Lith

Question
Can you tell me anything about this piece.  I inherited it a few years back but never really had any info.  The letters on the left read "Maurin del"  and on the right "Lith de Deligny" and the center reads "J'en Veux, J'en Veux  Encore."  The dimensions are 10 3/16 H x 7 3/4 W.  These taken using the Border that is outside the actual lith.

Answer
Dear Lisa,

Your print is a lithograph by Nicolas Eustache Maurin (1799-1850). Maurin was born in Perpignan, France in 1799 and died in Paris in 1850. He is a very respected artist and is known primarily for his lithographs and portraits. Your lithograph, J'en Veux, J'en Veux  Encore, circa 1830, represented an early example of pornography  and considered a “legal” print by the censors at the time. There are probably two different images of the print as it was later reworked to become more explicit.

His lithographs are rare to find, particularly his erotica as this print is not currently listed on any auction results. I found one of his erotic prints online and the gallery had 150 pounds on it. I’m not sure what the current rate of exchange is to give you a dollar equivalent.

If it is in original or vintage framing, you should take it to a good framer who knows conservation framing and have it reframed with acid free materials.

I hope this information is helpful.
Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley