Fine Art/Oil painting

I have an oil painting on canvas that I aquired from my is signed by C. Faria but I can not find a bit of information on this artist....I'm guessing someone did this in his backyard?  Any info for me???  It is very nice :0)

I have no records of a "C. Faria" but Skinner Auctions in Boston offered a large 35" x 53" oil on canvas early this year by a Manuel Faria, a Brazilian artist.  (1895-1980)  It is a large picture of a three trees alongside a road and a brook entitled "Jacuba".  Signed in the lower left.

It was estimated at $1500-$2500 but did not sell.  

I am glad you enjoy it.  I enjoy looking at the original art on my walls every day.  

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration