Fine Art/Oil painting

Question
Hello,
I have an oil painting on canvas that I aquired from my grandfather....it is signed by C. Faria but I can not find a bit of information on this artist....I'm guessing someone did this in his backyard?  Any info for me???  It is very nice :0)

Answer
Janice,
I have no records of a "C. Faria" but Skinner Auctions in Boston offered a large 35" x 53" oil on canvas early this year by a Manuel Faria, a Brazilian artist.  (1895-1980)  It is a large picture of a three trees alongside a road and a brook entitled "Jacuba".  Signed in the lower left.

It was estimated at $1500-$2500 but did not sell.  

I am glad you enjoy it.  I enjoy looking at the original art on my walls every day.  

Stu

Stuart Cartwright