Fine Art/Pablo Picasso original lithograph

I purchased a Picasso signed lithograph (no visible number) several years ago at an estate auction. Could you provide me with any information about this lithograph and its authenticity. I have tried researching it but have not been successful. There is a small tear (bottom center) that I would like to have restored if it would be worthwhile. Any additional information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you....Midge

Hello Midge,

Check to see if you own an original signed Pablo Picasso lithograph like one of these. There is no official authority for declaring authenticity of Picasso prints, but there are several sources out there who will do it for a fee. If you would like a free appraisal, you can send Masterworks Fine Art, Inc. an email with high quality photos of the lithograph, the signature and any other outstanding marks (such as the tear you mentioned). Sometimes collectors stamp the back of a piece, so you can also check the back for some clues. You will receive a free appraisal of the piece if it is documented in the various Picasso catalogs.

Artnet also offers some examples of Picasso's works .

Good luck, Midge.

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University