Fine Art/Paint identification , Authograph idenfication

Question
Hello
First of all , I Thank you for this nice service.
I bought recently a paint from 93 year old died ladies grandsons.
This Paint signed by W J 928  ... like this.On the left down of paint.
Oil painting, But This is not a canvas painting.
Painted to hard and thick carton.
Backside of paint have very old ( circa 1900 ) Constantinople company label who framed.This company also trading frame and art paintings.
Do you give me some information about that sign,artist and some more ???
I will be send a photo also.if needed.
Thank you very much

Answer
Sounds like it could be a replica or museum store mounted poster?

You have to determine the medium and then go from there.
Some were printed and then a clear varnish brushed on to give the impression of brush stokes. With only initials and a number, it gives the impression of production art.  The only way to be sure, would be to have it examined in person. I suggest taking it to an art framer/gallery in your area and see if they can determine what it is.

Dan

Dan Twyman