Fine Art/Picasso Lithograph

I purchased a Picasso lithograph at an estate sale over 5 years ago and am questioning it's authenticity. It is signed in the upper left. Unfortunately, it has a small tear (bottom middle) and would like to have it restored if it is worthwhile. Would like to know something about this lithograph. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you....Midge

Dear Midge,

I hope you are doing well. If your print is an original Picasso lithograph, then it is very worthwhile to have it restored and professionally framed with archival materials. You can use a high magnification jewelers loupe to see if there is a dot pattern which would indicate it is a copy. If you do not have a loupe, you might try taking to a reputable framer or art dealer who can examine it for you.

I hope this information is helpful.

Kind regards and Happy New Year,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.