Fine Art/artist ID

I appreciate that this does not fall into your specialist area but perhaps you can shed some light as to the identity of this artist-I purchased the picture in Toronto in 77 or 78 and it has survived many moves over the years and I have enjoyed having it on display but would like to know who he is
Thank you for any help in this endeavour

That is a fun picture.  You must sail.

Anyway, you have hit the nail on the head, and I very much appreciate that you recognize my limitations!  I lived in Toronto at that time, and that looks very familiar...of that era, but I simply do not know it.

Best bet:  Check with Waddington's in Toronto.

Hope this helps.  Best of luck,

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration