Fine Art/cant find any info on an artist

Question
i have a original oil on canvas painting by the artist H.G. Westlund. i know that his art was sold in the Vincent price collection in the 60's but i cant find anything on him been searching for days, any info would be great.

Answer
Matthew,
It sounds like you have done much more research than I have ever done on H. G. Westlund.  

So you are well aware that Vincent Price set up a fine art merchandising program with Sears, Roebuck in the 1960s.  In all, he helped procure 15,000 some piece of artwork to be sold ... through Sears!  As you know, this is a fantastic piece of American folklore.  Price himself bought a Rembrandt sketch at age 12 ... on lay-a-way!  

No doubt, in his travels he spotted your Westlund piece and was taken with it.  Perhaps this was a one-off piece by Westlund, he is certainly obscure, I agree.   I can find no record of him in any artist reference material I own.   Internet trolling is equally unsusccessful, BUT you might try contacting this contemporary artist in Sweden.  Perhaps he is the same artist or a relative of your painter.  Take a look at this website listed below.  About half way down the page is a painting by Hans Westlund.

Hans Westlund
Fasanvaegen 2
684 31 Munkfors
Sweden
+46 (0)70-537 29 36
hansthepainter@spray.se
http://kunstmaler.dk/artistW-filer/tn_Hilary_Westhoff_small.jpg
http://kunstmaler.dk/artistW.htm    

I am afraid that is the best I can do for you.  All this is beyond my expertise...I'm not versed in European artists nor modern art.  

Hope it helps, and best of luck in your hunt.

Stu

Stuart Cartwright