Fine Art/Can you identify this artists signiture?

Question
Landscape Painting
Landscape Painting  
I purchased this painting from a second hand store in Upstate NY. It is on canvas and is done in oil. It is 45 by 25 inches without the frame. The artist's initials are (I think) G.R. The only thing the back of this says is  "restreched July 28, 1969" on the wood. This is in great shape. It is not dated as to when it was painted. I have a close up picture of the signiture if you want it. I could not figure out how to download more than one pic. Thanks for you time.  Julie

Answer
Julie,
Great picture.  Sure looks like a full signature, but this AllExperts service only provides me with a small image of the whole painting.  I see what looks like G. R______, with a fully underlined name?  If I could see a picture of the backside, that might help me, too.  Looks like a Swiss mountain scene, don't you think?  Maybe the Matterhorn?

Why don't you send me your shots at:

stucartwright@yahoo.com

Stu

Stuart Cartwright