Fine Art/Do you recognise this painting

Question
possibly The Lovely Sisters by Sir Thomas Lawrencer
possibly The Lovely Si  

Hello

I found the attached unsigned drawing/pastel (possibly  pastel because the lips are coloured) down in a dirty cellar approximately 30 years ago.

It was in a beautiful old wooden frame which unfortunately fell to bits.

On the back was an old cream colourd piece of  paper - written on it was either Thomas Lawrence or Sir Thomas Lawrence, underneath which was - I think anyway - The Lovely Sisters or something similar to that.

Is this likely to be a genuine Thomas Lawrence, or an old copy.

Unfortunately the photograph is too dark, and the reflection has obscured part of the left hand side of the picture where the older child's hand rests on the younger child's shoulder.

Many thanks for your kind cooperation.

Philippa Smith

Answer
The information you need will take some research.

A dealer that sells works by the artist will have to examine it as a starting point.

Copy and paste this link to your address bar to get started.

http://www.artcyclopedia.com/artists/lawrence_sir_thomas.html

Dan

Dan Twyman