Fine Art/Dowdell's painting !

1889 last interview between Charles l and Oliver Cromwell
1889 last interview be  
Dear Ms. Holmstrup,

Thank you for taking time for this.  We contacted you a while ago and you were very kind to answer us.  In the meantime we took pictures of our painting to the Chrysler Museum in Norkolk, Virginia.  

We are forwarding you some copies of the information we received from them.  We appreciate any further information you may have.  

Their librarian seems to think the painting might be of Oliver Cromwell and King Charles l by Edward Dowdall....1856-1932.  It may be called "The Last Interview" regarding Parliament's decree of execution of the King for high treason.  It may be that the small child on the side is Charles ll.  There are no other copies of this painting and they seem to think it may be an origional.  It went on tour in 1889.   We do not know how it got into our family's possession.  

We really appreciate your time with this, and would like to know if there is any value in it, and is it worthwhile having it restored?  (Please excuse any mis-spelling of Dowdall's name.)

Thank you so much..........Joe Filippone & Jeanne Wise

Dear Joe & Jeanne

Can you explain to me a little about how the librarian came to the conclusion that it was a painting by Dowdall?

It is a little bit important to know if I should have a chance at telling you the price of it.
Is it signed in any way?

Please let me know and I will get back to you.

Best Regards, Soren

Søren Holmstrup

I can answer questions regarding Venetian paintings. ALL QUESTIONS THAT ARE NOT RELEVANT WILL BE REJECTED.

I have been a collector for several years.

I have studied art on my own for as long as I can remember.