Fine Art/Gambart & Junin Lithograph

Hello, I bought what I think is a lithograph, no tiny dots that I can see. The title is "Le Narguillet" ..Ont the lower left is an impressed stamp with the words "Victor Delarue et Cie...Paris" and in the middle of the stamp "editeurs Bottom right is "lith par Vogt", Bottom right "London. pub by Gambart Junin & Co. 25 Berners St. Oxfd St"...middle right under picture "imp par Lemercier, paris"... Bottom lower left just under picture " Peint par Guet"..Bottom lower left "Paris Vor DELARUE ET CIE, EDITEURS, 10 Place du          louvre" My question, is it a real lithograph and how much do you think it's worth if it's real. Thank-you so much Barbara

The names you mention are well known fine art printers.
If you have an offset litho(photographed and printed), then it could be a reproduction of one of their works.  If you have an old original lithograph with a signature, the value is much higher.
You would have to have a formal appraisal done to know for sure.

If you email my personal email address with the request, I'll forward to info for an appraiser. They have their own fees etc.

If not, I suggest asking another art expert on this service, as I am more a Dali expert.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.