Fine Art/P.Costa painting

I have an oil, I think it is, painting of sail/fishing boats it is 16" x 13" and may be Italy or Greece somewhere over is signed P.Costa.
I am not sure of which artist this is. Can you help me?

Dear Marjorie,

I hope you are doing well. I did a preliminary search for an artist with the last name Costa and the first initial of P. There were several, but all were contemporary artists. You did not state the age or style of your painting so I cannot tell you if it is of the same genre as the listed artists with the last name of Costa.

If you can send me photos of the painting I can may be able to give you more information. Unfortunately, there are far more paintings by artists who are not listed than ones who are listed and can be researched. Send the photos to

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.